Where is spring?


You have to really love this Arkansas weather, it's 75 almost 80 degrees one day and the next it's cold and raining/sleeting/snowing! That's how life is too isn't it, we never know from one day to the next what life has in store for us. This time last year I didn't think about being a "single woman" and I certainly never thought about having breast cancer. What I did know was that I'm a survivor regardless of what I have always had to face and through my life I've always tried to stay positive no matter what may come my way. Staying positive, being strong, having faith and hope are part of my strong points and I thank my mother for her influence in my life.

It's no wonder then that I would expect that my blood counts be good as well. My friend Jimmie asked me how's your blood count and I said, "well I would expect that they would be good, because I feel too good for them not to be." They are right in the range where they should be. Of course circumstances can change and those numbers could fall, just like the crazy weather we have here, but for now, they're great! So I'll take that and hope for the best as I continue along in my treatment.

Even though that snow is pretty falling outside, I'm sure looking forward to the sping weather. What's that saying, April showers brings May flowers, mmm I LOVE FLOWERS DON'T YOU? It looks like March is bringing not only rain, wind, sunshine but snow and sleet too! Remember the words to that song.. "Sunshine Go Away Today"?

Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing (chemo day)
Some man's gone, he's tried to run my life (breast cancer)
Don't know what he's asking (have faith, hope, courage and strength?)

He tells me I'd better get in line (you need a lot of patience when you have cancer)
Can't hear what he's saying (always so much information)
When I grow up I'm going to make it mine (be cancer free)
But these aren't dues I been paying

(Chorus)
How much does it cost, I'll buy it (thank God for insurance)
The time is all we've lost, I'll try it (it takes time to recover)
But he can't even run his own life (cancer is a disease but)
I'll be damned if he'll run mine, Sunshine (I AM STRONGER)

Sunshine go away today
I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's gone he's tried to run my life
Don't know what he's asking

Working starts to make me wonder where
The fruits of what I do are going (twist and turns in the process to recover during treatment)
He says in love and war all is fair
But he's got cards he ain't showing(cancer changes us forver)

(Chorus)
(this is what I'm gonna be singing the loudest)

Sunshine come on back another day
I promise you I'll be singing(I BELIEVE, just like the necklace that Katie gave me today)
This old world, she's gonna turn around(I WILL SURVIVE!)
Brand new bells'll be ringing (and BE BETTER THAN EVER!)

Now can I get an AMEN? :)

2 comments:

  1. Sam,
    You are an inspiration to us all! We are all praying for you. I'm looking forward to your visit to the river next week!
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there with your PMA!!!
    Love You!
    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete

Women's Health Blog Directory