DOCTOR DOCTOR GIVE ME THE NEWS - I GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!


My appointment today went fine, although the doctor had not received the results of the biopsy from last week nor did she had the pictures of the ultra sound to see the cyst on my ovaries. She has scheduled me for a return visit on the 30th of this month and I'll have another ultra sound that day before I see her so she can compare the two for any change. She wants to do a laproscopic hysterectomy between my chemo treatments and see if that cystic legion is cancerous so we can treat it with chemo drugs especially for that. The drugs I'm taking now does treat it but there I guess others can be combined or maybe changed to treat everything at the same time. The positive and good news, I did hear this afternoon about my cervical biopsy which is negative and the pap is negative so good news on that end.

I feel great actually, just a wee bit tired from the trip to Little Rock this morning and think that's because I got up so early to leave to beat the am traffic. Then once my appointment was over I had to go over to Baptist and get a cd of my scans to take back to the Dr.office.

I stopped at Walmart in Searcy, now that's a tiring experience in itself going to Walmart isn't it? LOL Grabbed a chicken on a stick when I got gas and headed home. My little dog Charlie was thrilled to see me cause I had new treats for him. When I come in that door with bags, I better have something in one of them for him.. LOL he's as bad as a child! This afternoon I worked out in the yard a bit picking up little limbs and sticks to get ready to mow, but then I watched the weather, it seems our pretty weather isn't going to stay around for long.

All in all it was a good day and I'm thankful for it. I started reading a book that my friend Lil' Doobie gave me, that's her nickname of course :) it's called "Chicken Soup For the Surviving Soul" it's written by a woman who is a breast cancer survivor and there's stories from other survivors, doctors, etc. You know that we often take our lives and everything for granted and it takes a devastating illness or tragedy to bring us to our knees, literally. This book is about hope and love, the two I believe are intertwined and I'm really enjoying reading this book. Sddendly every day is beautiful no matter the weather, family and friends are more precious and dear and a PMA-positive mental attitude is a awy of life and taking life for granted is no longer permitted!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,

    Your attitude is still the same as it has always been! You are always looking at the bright side and keeping things "sunny side up"! You are my inspiration. Hang in there and we will all hang in there with you!

    Love you Sam!

    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are mine Jimbo! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Women's Health Blog Directory