Red/green/black the race is on!


Well my first chemo and the port placement went well, no problems so far. I did wear my green wig and cap, was fun! LOL It wasn't as bad as I thought and I'm praying these nausea meds work, so far they are and the only side effect is a bit of tingling that I think is normal and will go away.

It's a good thing to take a book, a blanket, a laptop, an mp3 player and a sense of humor to chemo treatments. I think next time I go I'm going to have to take a bag on wheels for all my stuff! LOL As TinaRE said, nothing happens fast when you have BC. So they give you a nausea med drip, flush your port, a steriod, flush your port, the first chemo drip drug, can't remember that name, flush your port, the second chemo drug, flush your port and then the last one....THE RED DEVIL, that's the one that makes your hair fall out and then they flush your port! You sort of feel like a good working toliet by the time they are finished!

Everyone is very nice and loved my green wig and ballcap, just wait till I go in with the green eyebrows! If you gotta have BC you gotta have a good sense of humor and attitude! Along with a loving family and great support group who go out of their way to take care of you. My friend Karen took me to Little Rock to the Hickinbottham outpatient clinic at the surgical pavilion. There another friend Jimmie was waiting to be with me through my Iport placement and chemo treatment. After treatment he drove me to Cabot to meet Angella another member of the 'relay' team who brought me home where my beautiful mother was waiting to stay with me for a few days. What more could I ask for I am so blessed!

A special thanks for the prayer shawl from the St. James Methodist Church in Little Rock. Thank you Jimmie and Cynthia for giving them my name. The shawl is beautiful and I wore it all day. This special shawl was knitted or crocheted by ladies and gentlemen who prayed for me as they were working on it. Doesn't that just beat all, so many kind and caring people in this world. Sometimes we focus so much on the ugly things/people that we forget how wonderful people really are. .

1 comment:

  1. Sam,
    You are the greatest!!! That PMA and the green wig made everyone in the treatment center brighten up. You bring hope where ever you go! I enjoyed the day with you and will be by your side all the way! That "Red Devil" didn't get you!
    Lots and lots of thoughts and Prayers are always with you. Great to be your friend!
    Hugs,
    Jimmie

    ReplyDelete

Women's Health Blog Directory