Clear Scans and blue skies!

Wednesday I went to see Dr. Harrington my oncologist for the results of my scans on Monday June 29th. The last ones had been clear so I was hoping that these would too and they were. I didn't sleep much the night before. I didn't have to go there for another chemo treatment and that was great, but even though I had a positive feeling about the scans, hearing the all clear from the doctor was what I was waiting for.

It's been 3 and half weeks since my last chemo and I'm beginning to get some strength back. I don't feel as tired and I'm not as short of breath. I can actually walk out to my mailbox and back without feeling exhausted! At the end of my work day I don't feel as tired and I even drove a van full of clients to Little Rock last week which I haven't been able to do since about the middle of my chemo. I have stubbles on my head so my hair is beginning to grow back but it will be awhile before you can actually see any.

Tomorrow I go to Little Rock to UAMS for my pre operation work and test for my hysterectomy on Thursday. Even though the doctors think the cyst on my ovary is most likely just a cyst, there is a small chance that it could be cancer. The waiting is agonizing and so I'll be so glad to get this over with and of course to hear the ALL CLEAR on that end too, literally! LOL

There going to do robotic surgery hopefully which is less invasive, shorter hospital stay, only over night, and less recovery time. The doctor said it looks like a big ol spider, but assured me they wouldn't just program the robot and leave and go to lunch. I told her it was good thing because I didn't want it looking for a prostate!

So so far I've got clear scans and blue skies and I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND!
I'm thankful for the men and women through the years who fought to make our country free!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Sam!!!

    Love You and looking forward to more blue skys!!!

    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete

Women's Health Blog Directory