Battery Life!

About a month ago I bought a new cordless weed eater because I couldn't pull start my other one. So this cordless one has two batteries that you charge up and just plug into the weed eater and then push the button and do the job. Each battery last about 15 minutes. It's the perfect chemo weed eater because when the battery on the weed eater runs down, so does mine! You can put the other battery in for another 15 minutes work but I'm finding that I need a recharge myself before I use the other battery.

Other folks who've experienced chemo told me that the more chemo treatments you have the more exhausted you get and I really believe that now. The first couple of treatments didn't seem to bother me too much as far as a big drop in energy. I mean I've never been a mountain climber or long distance runner so I'm kinda a snail energy person anyway. LOL I do believe that having started a daily exercise program last summer did help to get me in better shape and more prepared for chemo. Lord knows how hard it might have been if I was still a couch tater!

I can really tell the drop in energy though this last chemo. My blood counts have been lower this time and I just tire so easily. Thank goodness I only have one more chemo to go. I do love to work out in my yard but this year if I can just keep the grass looking decent I'll be happy. It doesn't take too much energy to get on my little red lawn mower and cut the grass and I can weed eat one battery at a time. I'm just thankful that I have the energy to take care of my house, a large yard and work a full time job.

There are days like today though that I don't feel as well, that I don't sleep much and when the alarm goes off in the morning I'm just too tired to get up. I haven't had many of them but last night was not a good night for me, I didn't sleep well and I had some of those body aches felt sick. I turned my alarm off and instead of putting my feet on the floor, I put my head back down on the pillow and fell asleep. I woke up and it was almost 9am, feeling a bit disoriented I called in to work and told them I wouldn't be in this morning. I have felt like I've been in a daze all day but I'm beginning to liven up a bit and my battery feels like it's recharged at least some.

I'm feeling positive and excited that next Wednesday is my last chemo. I'm wondering now how long it will be until my hair grows back, how long it will be before I start feeling more energy and how the radiation is going to effect me. At least another process in my recovery will be complete and I and I will live my life for now, one battery at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women's Health Blog Directory