5 Years! No way!

My goodness I'm thinking this morning, I'm a 5 year survivor! Time sure does fly when you're having fun doesn't it? :) It was five year ago this month that I finished my radiation and had scans that showed all clear. It doesn't seem like it's been five years, I just don't know where the time goes. What I do know is that I'm a different person now than I was when I was first diagnosed and I sure hope changed for the better. So much has happened since I last sat down to post my thoughts, now I have had some thoughts mind you, I just didn't share them here! LOL During this time I have renewed my relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and although I will never be 'perfect' I am forgiven, I am loved unconditionally, and I am and never will be ALONE! This has given me great comfort and it's my relationship with Him that gets me through each day. And even as I sit here cancer free, my heart is sad and my spirit are burdened for those who still fighting the battle, for those who have just learned they have a battle to fight and for those friends and family who have lost the battle in these last few years. Did I mention that I HATE CANCER!
It may seem crazy to you because I do hate cancer, but I can honestly say that having cancer was a blessing in desquise. It may not have been how I wanted to spend part of my life. Going through cancer treatment is no picnic no matter how you slice it, but the blessing on the other side for me has been beyond anything I could imagine. So there is hope and life beyond the chemo, radiation, surgery, and seemingly endless dr's visits. I know for some those times may be breif anf few but they are precious and when you have hope you have everything. I would like to share my hope with you and HIS name IS JESUS! No matter what you have to go through He will be right there with you to get you through even in the darkest hour. "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." Isaiah 40:28 One day there will be no cancer! I'm praying for that day and for those that I know are still fighting or have just begun the fight. We are sisters and brothers and this is my prayer for you- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women's Health Blog Directory